The truth is, not all hospitals are created equal therefore when choosing a hospital it’s important to consider your options and decide what best meets your needs. This choice should begin by having YOU in mind:
- Is it close to you?
- Does the staff provide the highest quality of care?
- Are the doctors experts in their field?
- The hospital you should be looking for is a Magnet hospital.
- What does a Magnet mean to you?
Magnet has raised the bar on patient care. This credential is a voluntary achievement that hospitals work towards over the course of four years to be able to earn. It is has become the gold standard for nursing excellence and provides a measurable way to evaluate the quality of care a hospital provides. The staff at a Magnet hospital strives harder each day to meet the healthcare needs of their patients. Hospitals designated with the Magnet credential also tend to attract and retain (hence the “Magnet name”) the best doctors and nurses meaning you can feel at ease knowing that your doctor is among those.
Catawba Valley Medical Center just received Magnet recognition for the fourth consecutive time, placing them in a small percentage of prestigious hospitals across the U.S. “To earn Magnet recognition once was a great accomplishment and an incredible source of pride for our nurses. Achieving this credential a fourth time underscores the foundation of excellence and values that drives our entire staff to strive harder each day to meet the healthcare needs of the people we serve,” said CVMC Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nursing Officer Eddie Beard.
- How do you want/expect to be treated?
- Partnership with other hospitals not hesitant to send to Duke, etc. if you need better care
- You want to make sure you are at a hospital that wants to provide you with the utmost quality of care.
- During a time of pain, you want to make sure you are cared for/get the quality care that you deserve.
Hospitals that go above and beyond to achieve this certification, means that they will go above and beyond for you and that are invested in providing the top quality patient care for their patients.