During pregnancy, The Medical Center’s Birthing Center offers a variety of childbirth and child-care classes, including monthly prenatal classes and sibling tours designed to make the entirefamily feel more comfortable during this exciting time. Each room in the Birthing Center provides new mothers with the latest in convenience, comfort and technology. Every phase of the birth experience, from labor, to delivery, to recovery takes place in a cozy suite designed to reflect the familiar comforts of home.
- 18 spacious and sunny labor deliver recovery suites with state of the art equipment including new fetal and maternal monitors, telemetry capacity for wireless monitoring while allowing freedom of movement, deep tubs in every room to promote relaxation and comfort for labor and after delivery, built in baby equipment including oxygen blenders when needed.
- Sleeper sofas selected to provide comfort and rest without separation from mom or baby during the most important first days of life • Comfort stations located throughout unit to allow easy access to healthy snacks and drinks.
- A C-section and recovery suite specially designed with families in mind. No need to ever be separated from your baby or significant other during surgery.
- A specialty five bed triage unit for short term stays of just a few hours, each with its own private bathroom and flat screen TV.
- CVMC’s specially trained and certified labor nurses and lactation consultants to provide all the support, education, and expertise your family will need
- A gift shop in our lobby geared toward new families
- A parking lot conveniently adjacent to the main entrance for labor and delivery
Catawba Valley Medical Center received the Women’s Choice Award from WomenCertified® distinguishing it as one of the 2013 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Obstetrics. Click here to read more.
For more information about the Birthing Center, comments and questions or for a tour of the Birthing Center, please contact:
Cheryl Goossens RNC, BSN
Director of the Birthing Center