It is great to know of your interest in employment with Catawba Valley Medical Center! New graduates are welcome to make application for employment.
CVMC is an excellent place for a new graduate to start their career.
Consider the following:
Competitive Salary & Superior Benefits
- Competitive Starting Salary
- Shift Differential for hours worked during 2nd and 3rd Shift Shifts
- Health/Dental/Life/Disability insurance plan
- Prescription Discount Plan
- Retirement Plan, Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Health Wellness Program
- Gym with Cybex Equipment, free weights, cardiovascular machines, pool, and exercise classes
- Certified personal trainers
- Massage Therapist
- Weight management and smoking cessation programs
Opportunities For Learning & Advancement
- Annual tuition reimbursement of $1,000 for all full-time employees;
- $2,000 for Registered Nurses working toward BSN degrees, $3,000 for Registered Nurses working toward Master’s degrees.
- On-site opportunities for Continuing Education with CEU’s at no cost
- 24-hour access to the AHEC medical library and computer lab
- “Off-campus” degree programs through UNC-Greensboro for RN-to-BSN and BSN-to-MSN offered on site
Professional Work Environment
- On May 7, 2001 achieved Magnet Hospital designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. CVMC is the 32nd Magnet Hospital in the nation. CVMC was re-designated a Magnet facility in 2005 for a second time, in 2010 for a third time, and became the first hospital in the state to acquire a fourth designation in 2014.
- CVMC designated as Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The 20-bed inpatient unit is certified by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, as a Comprehensive Integrated Rehabilitation program.
- The Center for Diabetes Control at CVMC is recognized by the American Diabetes Association as having met national standards for the Diabetes Self-Management Education program.
- 66% of the Registered Nurses at CVMC have obtained national specialty certification
- 100% of nursing leadership has a bachelor’s degree or higher and 100% have obtained specialty certification. Average tenure of nurse leaders at CVMC is 21 years.
- Opportunities to influence the practice of nursing through numerous hospital and unit-based committees, including, but not limited to, the Nurse Practice Council, Fall Prevention Team, Nursing Peer Review, Research and Evidence Based Practice Committee, Infection Control Committees, Medication Use Committee, and Skin Care Team
- Customized schedules are available to meet individual needs
Strong Leadership & Professional Support System
- Orientation by experienced preceptors is customized to meet the needs of the individual nurse and continues until the new nurse is ready to practice independently.
- One full year of mentoring by an experienced professional nurse.
- Advanced Practice Nurses available to support new nurses and ensure that nursing practice stays at the forefront.