Thank you for Your Interest in Serving as a Volunteen!
CVMC Volunteen Program Highlights
- Volunteens are selected from referrals from the Catawba County, Hickory City, and Newton-Conover City and Alexander County School Systems
- Rising Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are eligible.
- Applications are accepted each year during the months of March and April for the Summer session
- Afterschool session allows Summer Session students to continue to volunteer through the school year.
- Application Instructions: Students can review the necessary information needed to complete the Volunteen Application and Teacher References.
- Volunteen Application: Student will print and complete the application form provided on the CVMC website and submit to their school counselor or intern coordinator. Home schooled students will process through their instructor/parent.
- Teacher References: Two teacher references are required. The student will print two forms from the CVMC website and submit a blank form to two of their current teachers. Each teacher will complete and submit directly to the guidance counselor or intern coordinator. This process ensures that confidentiality is maintained. Home schooled students are required to have a minimum of one teacher and one other reference from either a pastor or external teacher, either public or parent teacher other than their own parent. Home schooled students references should be returned directly to the students parent/teacher in a sealed envelope and must be returned by parent/teacher to CVMC unopened.
- Guidance Couselor/Intern Coordinator Process: The counselor/coordinator will review the application packet to ensure all program requirements are met. If all requirements are met, the application packet will be submitted to CVMC.
- Notification Process: Volunteen applicants will receive notification by email regarding their application status to include details about required meetings and training sessions.
- Volunteen Placement Process: Every effort will be made to place the Volunteen applicants in areas of interest. Assignments are made according to the level of need and supervisory/mentor availability. Please note that most assignments will be support services and will not include direct patient care.
- Screening Process: The Employee Health Nurse will conduct a health screening at no cost that includes a TB test for each Volunteen.
- Orientation Process: Volunteens and their parent(s)/legal guardian will attend a required orientation program that includes an introduction to CVMC, schedules, conduct expectations, etc.
Click here for information about Catawba County Schools General Internship Program.
CVMC Resource Information
It will be our pleasure to assist you during the Volunteen Application Process. You’re just a phone call or email from your resource!
Human Resources Department
810 Fairgrove Church Road, SE
Hickory, NC 28602