CVMC offers a Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program to address patients with a wide range of heart and lung (cardiac and pulmonary) conditions. This is an interdisciplinary plan for improving physical activity as well as teaching heart-healthy nutrition, stress reduction and other preventive measures. Upon completion the rehabilitation program, a patient may join Catawba Valley Medical Center’s Fitness Plus Center. It offers an indoor heated pool, state-of-the-art fitness equipment, exercise classes, nutrition counseling and more.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation at CVMC is individually tailored to necessary life style changes. The interdisciplinary plan includes:
- A physician monitored exercise/rehabilitation plan
- A dietary evaluation and assessment by a registered dietitian
- Stress management counseling by a psychologist
- Breathing retraining
- Cardiac and pulmonary education
Our team of medical professionals include specially trained staff who provide a multidisciplinary plan of care.
Team members include:
- Physicians specially trained in Cardiopulmonary disease
- A program director certified by the American College of Sports Medicine
- Registered nurses
- Registered dietician
- Vocational rehabilitation counselor
Approved diagnosis for program admission to Cardiac Rehabilitation includes:
- Heart attack
- Stable angina
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve repair/replacement
- Heart transplantation
Approved diagnosis for program admission to Pulmonary Rehabilitation includes:
- Lung transplantation
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Shortness of breath
Upon completion of the program, participants may join the CVMC Fitness Plus Center for a monthly membership fee. The facility offers an indoor heated pool, state of the art fitness equipment, exercise classes, and certified staff.
The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program is certified by the N.C. Division of Facility Services.
For more information or a tour of the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation facility please call 828.326.2131.