The Women & Children’s Pavilion encompasses all aspects of care for your maternity and infant needs. From maternal transport to neonatal intensive care, we are able to provide care close to home. During pregnancy, our Birthing Center offers a variety of childbirth and child-care classes, including monthly prenatal classes and sibling tours designed to make the entire family feel more comfortable during this exciting time. Each room in the Birthing Center provides new mothers with the latest in convenience, comfort and technology. Every phase of the birth experience, from labor, to delivery, to recovery takes place in a cozy suite designed to reflect the familiar comforts of home.
- 18 spacious labor/delivery/recovery suites offer advanced equipment including new fetal and maternal monitors, telemetry capacity for wireless monitoring while allowing freedom of movement, deep tubs in every room to promote relaxation and comfort for labor and after delivery, built in baby equipment including oxygen blenders when needed.
- Sleeper sofas selected to provide comfort and rest without separation from mom or baby during the most important first days of life
- Comfort stations located throughout unit to allow easy access to healthy snacks and drinks.
- A C-section and recovery suite specially designed with families in mind. No need to ever be separated from your baby or significant other during surgery.
- A specialty five bed triage unit for short term stays of just a few hours, each with its own private bathroom and flat screen TV.
- CVMC’s specially trained and certified labor nurses and lactation consultants to provide all the support, education, and expertise your family will need
- The POD – our maternal child education center that provides a variety of high quality programs to assist the new family through the childbirth experience.
- A parking lot conveniently adjacent to the main entrance for labor and delivery
Catawba Valley Medical Center received the Women’s Choice Award from WomenCertified distinguishing it as one of the Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Obstetrics in 2013,2014 and 2015.