The new, state-of-the-art Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) opened in February 2013. This 15,000 sq.ft. unit encompasses the entire third floor of the Patient Pavilion, which houses the Center for Women and Children. This advanced facility provides specialized care to you and your baby. The goal is to assure your baby experiences an easier transition into their new world. Board-certified neonatologists direct the medical care of all infants during their stay in the Level III NICU. Neonatal nurse practicioners specializing in the care of sick or premature newborns staff the Level III NICU 24 hours a day.
The new unit has the latest technology including Giraffe Beds, Life Pulse High Frequency Jet Ventilators and private rooms for the most critically ill infants.
“We Made a Wish”
Jennifer and Ben Payseur’s emotional journey that forever blessed their live’s with three tiny miracles.
The Birth of a Center Overview
- The only Level III NICU in the region with private rooms for critically ill babies and their families.
- A private waiting area used only for the Level III NICU familes.
- A beautiful sunny bonding room with a double bed to stay for a night or two when baby is ready to go home.
- Round the clock family visitation.
- Specially equipped giraffe beds for each baby with humidified air, built in x-ray plates, built in bili-lights, reverse air flow to keep baby warm, pop tops to allow for full visualization and access for procedures.
- State-of-the-art Jet Ventilators designed for the smallest and sickest babies.
- State-of-the-art monitoring equipment.
- Neonatal nurse practitioner office and call room within the unit.
- Neonatologists office and call room within the unit.
- Specially trained nurses and protocols to support baby’s developmental needs.
- Lactation Consultants support for breast feeding and breast milk supplementation when possible.
- Excellent clinical outcomes including very low infection rates and very high survival rates.
Pictured here is our current team of Neonatal Nurse Practitioners (NNPs) dedicated to caring for CVMC NICU babies:
For more information about the Level III NICU, comments and questions, please contact:
Lori McNeely RNC, BSN, Director of the Level III NICU and Level I Nursery and Pediatrics | 828.326.2283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org