CVMC is honored to be a part of your childbirth experience. Our childbirth educators recognize this as a very special time for you and your family. To inquire about our classes, email a Childbirth Educator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call at 828.326.3062 at the end of your first trimester. Maternal Child Education (The POD) is located on the ground floor of the Women & Children Pavilion with a variety of high quality programs to assist every family through the childbirth experience.
Classes & Programs Offered at The POD:
- Lamaze Classes – A class series to prepare mother and support person for labor, birth and postpartum. The birthing process, relaxation, breathing techniques and medication options for birth are discussed.
- Lactation Supplies – CVMC is ready to help moms-to-be with a full line of maternity and nursing bras, breast pumps for purchase or rental, and breastfeeding accessories and supplies by Medela. We stock many hard to find sizes and styles in Bravado and Medela maternity bras and tanks ranging from 32 to 44. We offer professional bra fittings for our nursing moms and moms to be. We also carry a line of award winning BG & Co birthing gowns.
- “Great Start” Breastfeeding Class – This class covers prenatal breastfeeding basics to get you and your baby off to a great start! This class is taught by a certified Lactation Consultant.
- Infant CPR – For expectant parents and grand-parents, this class will teach the proper techniques for infant CPR and choking. Classes are small to allow individual instruction. Not a certification class.
- Baby Basics 101 – CVMC’s basic baby care class teaches expectant parents the skills needed to care for their new baby from birth through one year of age.
- Mommy and Me Breastfeeding Group – A certified Lactation Consultant will be available to answer your breastfeeding questions. Meet other moms who are breastfeeding. An infant scale is available to weigh your baby.
- Birthing Center Tours – Pre-registration for Birthing Center Tours is required. Email email@example.com or call 828.326.3062 for more information.
- Infant Car Seat Class – Car seats save lives, but only when used correctly. Parents learn how to choose and install a rear-facing infant car seat and safely secure their newborn.
CVMC and SAFE Kids Catawba County hold FREE car seat safety inspections the 1st Tuesday of every month from 1:30-3:30pm held in the front parking lot at Catawba County Public Health.
Car seat check can also be made by appointment: CVMC Health First Center 828.485.2300, Hickory Fire Department 828.323.7420, Early Childhood Resource Center 828.695.6595, Catawba County EMS 828.464.1575 and Claremont Fire Department 828.459.9296.