The CVMC Maternity Services program offers traditional individual care and group prenatal care models, and features our outstanding team of Certified Nurse-Midwives with more than 130 years of combined experience. The offices are conveniently located inside the Catawba County Public Health Building, which is behind the hospital grounds and the new entrance to the CVMC Center for Women & Children’s Services.
Maternity Services program offers:
- Collaborative Physician/Midwife care offered for high-risk pregnancies.
- Affordable childbirth education classes for our patients, which can be billed to insurance.
- Access to Certified Nurse-Midwives at the birthing center around the clock for phone calls or concerns.
- Ultrasound and lab available on site.
- Easy access to WIC services on site including breastfeeding support and mentors.
- Compassionate, friendly and family-centered care during prenatal visits and individualized birthing plans encouraged.
- Centering group prenatal care offered as an option for increased support and community.
- Mother’s personal and cultural preferences respected regarding her birth and care for her baby.
- All languages welcome and translation services available.
- The option for VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) is available.
- Tubal ligation after delivery available with advance planning, for most women regardless of ability to pay.
- Billing available for Medicaid and most private insurances, payment plans and discounts available.
Pictured here is our current team of Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) dedicated to caring for expectant mothers:
For more information or to set up an appointment, please 828.466.7196 Monday through Thursday.
Location – Patients can access CVMC’s Maternity Services program by entering the Catawba County Public Health building, located directly behind Catawba Valley Medical Center at 3070 11th Avenue Drive SE. Click here for a campus map