The Catawba Valley Medical Center Pediatric Department has received a Certificate of Recognition for Pursuit of Excellence from the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board. We share this honor with only two other hospitals in North Carolina. You may see Catawba Valley Medical Center on this list of honors at http://www.pncb.org.
The Pediatric Department is an environment designed to reassure children. Along with a professional staff with many years of experience in treating children, this environment encourages a speedier recovery.
Features of the Pediatric Department:
- All staff have specialized training in caring for children
- All registered nurses in the Pediatric Department are or are becoming certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Educational materials are available to help explain your child’s illness
- All rooms are private
- Every room is equipped with wide-screen TVs and video game stations
- A toy room is fully stocked with DVDs, video games, books, board games, puzzles, an infant swing, ExerSaucer, wagons, and toys to make your child’s stay as pleasurable as possible
- We also offer pet therapy dogs – only with your permission
Frequently Asked Questions
May I stay with my child?
Yes, definitely. Parents are encouraged to visit 24 hours a day. We promote at least one adult to stay with the child at all times.
Who is allowed to visit?
If your child’s condition permits, brothers and sisters may visit during the day and evening, as long as they do not have any signs of illness. Other visitors are allowed during the day and evening depending on your child’s condition and what you want.
For more information about the Pediatric Unit, comments and questions or for a tour of the Pediatric unit, please contact:
Lori McNeely RNC, BSN
Director of the Level III NICU and Level I Nursery and Pediatrics
828.326.2283 | email@example.com