Catawba Valley Infectious Disease Consultants offers specialty care to patients with chronic or complicated infectious diseases. The clinic also provides pre-travel consultations for international travelers.
Dr. Wheaton Williams is board certified in both Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. He has been a specialist in infectious diseases since he completed fellowship training in 1993. Dr. Williams performs consultations on hospitalized patients, office consultations, and outpatient follow-up.
In addition to infectious disease care, Catawba Valley Infectious Disease Consultants operates CVMC’s Travel Clinic. The clinic provides travel consultations and recommendations to help protect a traveler’s health and prevent illness on international excursions based on governmental and World Health Organization guidelines.
Consultation is provided in the following areas:
- Prescriptions for antibiotics to treat traveler’s diarrhea
- Prescriptions for malaria prophylaxis, including resistant regions
- Recommendations for treatment of jetlag, altitude sickness
- Recommendations for environmental protection measures, such as poor air quality, disease outbreaks, and latest disease/outbreak information from the World Health Organization and Travax specific to each country
- Information regarding required and recommended immunizations
- Tuberculosis skin tests
- Travel health precautions
- Vaccine schedules
- Disease risk summary
- Safety issues
- Information on obtaining travel-specific insurance and MedJet
3412 Graystone Place
Conover, NC 28613
The Central Billing Office performs the billing and collections functions for Catawba Valley Infectious Disease Consultants. If you have questions about your bill, please call 828.464.2210. Hours of operations are Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm