Whether you’re a first-time mother-to-be, expectant father, or an experienced parent, education is an important part of a healthy pregnancy. We offer a variety of fun, informative and convenient classes to help you and your family get ready for your new bundle of joy.
Previously located at the Health First Center in Valley Hills Mall, CVMC Maternal Child Education (The POD) classes are now located on the ground floor of the Women & Children Pavilion at our main medical center campus on Fairgrove Church Road in Hickory.
A variety of high quality programs to assist every family through the childbirth experience.
Classes & Programs Offered at The POD:
- Lamaze Classes – A class series to prepare mother and support person for labor, birth and postpartum. The birthing process, relaxation, breathing techniques and medication options for birth are discussed.
- Lactation Supplies – CVMC is ready to help moms-to-be with a full line of maternity and nursing bras, breast pumps for purchase or rental, and breastfeeding accessories and supplies by Medela®. We stock many hard to find sizes and styles in Bravado and Medela maternity bras and tanks ranging from 32 to 44. We offer professional bra fittings for our nursing moms and moms to be. We also carry a line of award winning BG & Co birthing gowns.
- “Great Start” Breastfeeding Class – This class covers prenatal breastfeeding basics to get you and your baby off to a great start! This class is taught by a certified Lactation Consultant.
- Infant CPR – For expectant parents and grand-parents, this class will teach the proper techniques for infant CPR and choking. Classes are small to allow individual instruction. Not a certification class
- Baby Basics 101 – CVMC’s basic baby care class teaches expectant parents the skills needed to care for their new baby from birth through one year of age.
- Baby and Me Breastfeeding Group – A certified Lactation Consultant will be available to answer your breastfeeding questions. Meet other moms who are breastfeeding. An infant scale is available to weigh your baby.
- Infant Car Seat Class – Car seats save lives, but only when used correctly. Parents learn how to choose and install a rear-facing infant car seat and safely secure their newborn.
Birthing Center Tours – See for yourself why so many parents-to-be choose CVMC Birthing Center; take a walking tour of our birthing facilities and learn what to expect when it’s time to deliver. Pre-registration for Birthing Center Tours is required.
Ask about classes offered by The POD, please email Ella Thompson, CVMC Childbirth Educator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 828.326.3062 at the end of your first trimester.